Why Use SMS Messaging With Your Clients And Customers?
SMS is a top method of business-to-customer communication; in fact, 85% of customers prefer receiving text messages over a phone call or email. With this new feature, you’re able to communicate with your customers in their preferred method – and save time calling or sending emails.
Communicating with customers is a high-frequency task that all businesses need better, more efficient tools for. By giving you this tool, you can use it every day to increase your brand presence and help increase your success everyday.
How Does SMS Messaging In Inbox work?
SMS in Inbox is now auto-enabled for all ClickUpLocal clients within their Business Center account.
The Inbox tab in your Business Center will have a new option to Send an SMS Message. Simply click the CTA and send your first message, a local* SMS phone number will automatically be assigned to your business account.
(*local, when possible. See FAQ below for more information)
As a ClickUpLocal client, you can either search for an existing contact or create a new one from the SMS screen. Once you begin sending SMS messages to your clients and customers, all conversations will be kept within your Inbox.
What is the Cost of SMS in Inbox?
SMS in Inbox includes a free tier giving you the opportunity to try out SMS in Inbox, see the value, and upgrade to a paid tier. For the first release, only the free tier will be available. Paid tiers with prices will be available in early 2021.
The free tier includes:
- 100 outbound SMS credits
- Unlimited incoming SMS credits
- Unlimited unique conversations
Current release limitations
- Businesses cannot yet receive cold-inbound texts: Currently, conversations must be initiated by you and your business. If someone cold-texts your business’s assigned SMS number, this message will not appear in the app, and these messages will be lost. Make sure not to advertise your assigned number publicly yet. There is a warning in the app, besides the SMS number, about this. We will be adding cold-inbound message support very soon.
- MMS is not yet supported. Users cannot send or receive pictures or video messages. Any incoming picture or video MMS messages will be dropped.
- Daily Spam Limits: There is a daily send message limit of 250, set by our texting provider for spam prevention. At this time, there is no indicator in the app interface of how many messages have been sent – this will be coming soon. Currently, only a warning message will appear when this limit is reached.
- Privacy: All messages sent or received will be viewable by everyone who has access to your business’s account. We’ve added an agreement that all users must agree to, before using SMS Messaging in Inbox, for transparency. In the future, we will be providing more privacy controls, to allow better control over who has access to messages.
What Can You Use SMS Messaging For?
SMS messaging can be applied to anything your business needs to contact your customers about. It can also be used as a communication channel for a customer to ask you and your business questions or get support.
Topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Appointment confirmations, updates, reminders
- Delivery notices
- Order confirmations
- Pricing and quotes
- Answering customer questions and providing customer support
- Update customer information
- COVID-19 screening
- Safe to enter business (due to COVID-19 restrictions)
- And many more!